Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rocky Top

This past weekend we went to the opening game for the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. It was fun but it was hotter than I expected and I ended up getting blisters on the walk back to our car. Jackson was a little scared at first but soon warmed up when he saw the players come out of the tunnel. We got seats that were pretty high up so I wasn't expecting it to be very crowded but boy was I wrong! It was packed, I guess because it was the first game of the season. The Vols ended up winning 50-0! We are going to another game on the 25th (Adam wanted to get as many games in before Abbie arrived) against UAB. We got really good seats for that game so I won't have to do as much walking. We will be sitting on the 4th room near the end zone! Needless to say Adam will be in heaven! Stadium before everyone decided to show up.

No matter what we do Jackson does not like to look at the camera. This was the best we could do for a family picture.

Jackson and I before the Vol Walk. This is where all of the players walk through fans to get into the stadium. The band plays and everyone cheers, it's really fun.


Daddy and Jackson waiting for the Vol Walk to start. Jackson didn't think this was very fun because everyone was cheering really loud as the coaches and players went by. He kept saying "All done?"



1 comments:

Susan said...

I'm surprised Jackson sat through the game, being that high up. I doubt my kids would.